Release 1.1.24 (2017-02-07)
- Updated service for compatibility with WebServiceShell v 2.2.5
Release 1.1.23 (2017-01-10)
- Updated service for compatibility with WebServiceShell v 2.2.3
Release 1.1.22 (2016-01-06)
- When using the GeoCSV text format (
format=geocsv), under the #field_unit header, the value “UTC” has been changed to “ISO_8601” and all empty declarations have been changed to “unitless”.
- When using the GeoCSV format, all date-time values now include a “Z” at the end to denote UTC.
- When using the GeoCSV format, the media type is now set to “text/csv” to conform to the CSVW recommendations.
Release 1.1.21 (2015-11-20)
- A new text-based format, GeoCSV, has been added to the available output options
Release 1.1.20 (2015-10-27)
- Fixed an issue where requests for metadata may be incomplete. The scenario where this occurs is when multiple networks are selected, and the DMC does not have metadata for one or more of the networks. Results from all networks after, in an alphanumeric sort, the unknown network were not included.
Release 1.1.19 (2015-10-23)
- Mitigate an issue related to bad, response-level, metadata. The metadata that caused this problem has been replaced at the DMC.
Release 1.1.18 (2015-07-17)
- A new search parameter called sensor has been added to the service. Usage details can be found on the main service page.
- The sensor description previously contained in stationXML element
Sensor::Type has been moved to Sensor::Description. This is the same information reported in SEED metadata in Blockette 52, field 6 (instrument identifier).
- Fixed a bug where specifying
includerestricted=false with wildcarded selection criteria resulted in incomplete results being returned.
- The StationXML element
InstrumentSensitivity is removed if it is empty to conform to the schema.
- The StationXML element
NumeratorCoefficient contains an indexing attribute, which has been changed from “number” to “i” to conform to the schema.
Release 1.1.17 (2015-07-13)
- The stationXML attribute
restrictedStatus can no longer equal the value “unknown”. Instead, it will be set to “closed”.
Release 1.1.16 (2015-06-08)
- Fixed functionality of parameter
includetimeseries to properly filter results.
- Fixed an error where queries including both virtual and non-virtual networks were not correctly returning data.
Release 1.1.15 (2015-05-05)
- Querying virtual networks with overlapping station entries (i.e. _US-ALL) now correctly matches station metadata.
- Virtual networks now properly filter results when any of the parameters startbefore, startafter, endbefore, or endafter are included. These time constraints are only applied to channel epoch times.
Release 1.1.14 (2015-04-10)
- fixed a bug related to internal service errors (HTTP 500) when parameter matchtimeseries was used.
Release 1.1.13 (2015-04-09)
- new feature – the exclusion operator, introduced in version 1.1.5, now works with virtual networks.
- new feature – the ‘starttime’ and ‘endtime’ parameters can now be applied to virtual networks at the station level.
- networks were not being listed when querying virtual networks at the network level.
- performance optimizations for wildcarded/open selections.
Release 1.1.12 (2015-02-13)
- Fix error where some channels are left out of results for certain requests submitted via POST. Based on our testing only a limited number of requests were effected. This error was introduced in release 1.1.10.
Release 1.1.11 (2015-02-11)
- Fix matching of time series availability. When matchtimeseries=true the service now returns the correct results, in the 1.1.10 release this operation was not matching all possible data.
- Channel coordinates are now used for geographic radius criteria, previously only station coordinates were used.
- Optimize channel searching when wildcards are specified.
- Internal log message fixes.
Release 1.1.10 (2015-02-05)
- Empty location identifiers are now represented as an empty string instead of a string of two spaces in the XML and text format. This change is required for compliance with the FDSN StationXML specification.
- Number formatting for equal values may be different, e.g. “0.0” changing to “0.00000” or “-.00109707” changing to “-0.00109707”.
- Virtual network associations reported via the “alternateNetworkCodes” of a Station element now include more virtual networks in edge cases.
- Data availability information is now more up to date, refreshed every 10 minutes. Data availability information for near real-time data flowing into the DMC remains limited to day granularity.
- Change in header line in text output for channel-level information: the column previously labeled as “Instrument” is now “SensorDescription”. Warning: we will very likely be adding more header lines in the future (prefixed with the comment indicator ‘#’), anyone parsing this text should keep this in mind.
- The limit of the number of channels that may be retrieved at the response level has been increased to 120,000 (from 20,000).
- Error estimates for all digital filter values in response data are included when they exist.
- Fix a bug returning internal service errors (HTTP 500) when no denominators of a digital filter are present.
Release 1.1.9 (2014-12-08)
- Remove restriction of wild-carded network when
Release 1.1.7 (2014-12-05)
- A new includecomments parameter to control the inclusion of station and channel comments in StationXML output. This parameter defaults to ‘true’ and so comments are included by default, when includecomments=false no comments are included.
- Comments are included in any station or channel epoch that intersects with the comment time range, which may result in the same comment being included multiple times.
- Include error values for polynomial coefficients.
- Start indexing for polynomial coefficients at 0 instead of 1.
- The restriction not allowing a wild-carded network selection when
level=response has been removed. There is now a limit of 20,000 channel entries when
level=response, this limit is subject to change.
Release 1.1.6 (2014-10-24)
- Correct validation of virtual network codes in POST requests.
Release 1.1.5 (2014-10-23)
- A new exclusion operator allows excluding networks, stations, locations and channels from a selected set.
- Improved validation of submitted network, station, location and channel criteria.
- Fix a bug where the “endDate” of a network epoch was incorrectly set, previously these were set to the 12th of December and are now the 31st of December of the end year.
- The Pole and Zero elements in a StationXML response are now numbered separately; this matches the indexing of SEED RESP and other SEED derivatives.
- The StationXML output now includes uncertainties for poles/zeros and digital filter coefficients in the instrument response for completeness.
Release 1.1.4 (2014-07-11)
- The service will now return the correct media type in the Content-Type HTTP header when the format parameter is used in a POST request.
- Matching of time series data availability, when matchtimeseries=true, has been fixed for some cases.
Release 1.1.3 (2014-05-29)
- Fixed a bug related to Decimation’s “InputSampleRate”, where value was rounded to the nearest digit.
Release 1.1.2 (2014-05-22)
- Fixed a bug related to matching stations with incorrect network for networks with multiple epochs (e.g. temporary networks).
Release 1.1.1 (2014-05-15)
- Significantly increased performance for requests submitted using the HTTP POST method.
- Restored order of query results to network, station, location, channel, and starttime.
- Introduced a new namespace to the
alternateNetworkCodes element (only in XML). Now, it looks like
iris:alternateNetworkCodes and allows validation against the FDSN StationXML schema.
Release 1.1.0 (2014-04-29)
- Version updated to 1.1.0. This version conforms to the FDSN 1.1 specification.
- Service now accommodates HTTP POST requests.
Release 1.0.14 (2014-04-02)
- Fix a bug introduced in the last release regarding handling of includeavailablity and potentially other parameters.
Release 1.0.13 (2014-04-01)
- Fixed a bug related to polynomial input/output units missing when no other filters are provided.
Release 1.0.12 (2014-03-13)
- Fixed a bug related to Polynomial coefficient index value, they now correctly start at 0.
- Fixed a bug related to data availability, data is included correctly now.
- Fixed a bug related to latitude/longitude criteria combined with values having many decimals.
- Fixed a bug related to restricted status for stations and networks; this information is derived from channels.
- Change the behavior of the updatedafter criteria to conform to the specification. A metadata update time exactly matching the updatedafter value will no longer be included in the results, the test is now exclusive instead of inclusive.
Release 1.0.11 (2014-02-11)
- Update to fix request parameter confusion between requests under very high concurrency.
Release 1.0.10 (2014-01-31)
- Change for internal DMC log message handling.
Release 1.0.9 (2014-01-03)
- Fixed an issue during interim cache updates (full updates are performed daily) where the incorrect OutputUnits were identified for the InstrumentSensivity information. The conditions under which this issue occurred were fairly rare.
- Fixed a bug where Poles & Zeros response elements were not in the results if no poles and zeros exist for that particular element. Sometimes network operators use an “empty” Poles & Zeros blockette to describe a unit conversion, for example as part of a stage describing a digitizer. Including this information makes the metadata more complete.
Release 1.0.8 (2013-12-20)
- Fixed a bug where the updatedafter parameter operated on the wrong timezone, now correctly using UTC.
- Fixed a bug related to level=network when channel parameter is provided and the incorrect level of information was returned to the client.
Release 1.0.7 (2013-08-28)
- Addressed slow retrieval of station metadata.
Release 1.0.6 (2013-08-23)
- Polynomial responses are now properly included in the element.
- Time window selection is now properly applied to time ranges for which station belong to a virtual network.
- Fix duplication of station entries when overlapping virtual networks are requested, this fix includes the removal of virtual network codes being reported in the “alternateCode” attribute.
Release 1.0.5 (2013-07-11)
- Fixed bug that slowed the service when level=station and other query parameters limited the channels.
Release 1.0.4 (2013-06-11)
- Fixed a bug related to virtual network station selection.
Release 1.0.3 (2013-05-10)
- Fixed cause of invalid xml for filter FIR.
Release 1.0.2 (2013-04-03)
Release 1.0.1 (2013-03-23)
- Added virtual network support to the service.
Release 1.0 (2013-03-22)
- Initial release, conforms to fdsnws-station 1.0 specification with IRIS extensions.
- Known issue: FDSN StationXML results may not validate due to missing information in original data.